Blog Week 1 fall 2024

I am so excited to be completing another semester at Stem Train. This is my third semester in stem train and my fifth semester at Phoenix College. This time I am switching things up a little. I just met with Josh and we talked about my project being medicinal plants this semester. I am looking forwards to doing something different. Not that I didn't enjoy studying bacteria, but If I do transfer to ASU for Pharmacology and toxicology it will be helpful for me to learn about medicinal plants. I am currently doing some research and reading some articles that Josh sent me. My favorite fruit is watermelon (if it can be considered a fruit ?), and as it turns out, "watermelon extract can be utilized to create stannous nanoparticles as opposed to the use of toxic chemicals. They can also be employed as oral administration systems."