Week 3 blog The death of tha plans to use Belladona Deadly nightshade

This week I did some more research on Belladona and what it would take to extract medicinal components. I learned that it takes 100-200 days to grow Belladona deadly nightshade. I also found out that belladona contains scopolamine and atropine, which is what we extract for medicinal uses. If I were to extract atropine and scopalmine from belladona, I would first harvest the leaves and roots. I would dry and grind it into a powder. Then I would extract using a solvent such as ethanol, methanol, or water. I would filter, concentrate, purify, and eventualy formulate it into a medicinal form such as tablets, tinctures, or injectable solutions. Now after having done some research and considering how hard it is to find, I don't think I will use Belladona. I may use Datura instead because we already have it growing in the garden at PC.