Week 3

 This week I will be taking pictures of two bacteria. One of these bacteria is Ecoli (since the ecoli from last week didn’t incubate all the way). I learned that STEC produces Shiga-toxins. Ecoli can grow in temperatures ranging from 7 °C to 50 °C, with an optimum temperature of 37 °C (that is why my ecoli is currently in the incubator at 37 degrees celsius. It can also sometimes grow in acidic foods, down to a pH of 4.4, and in foods with a minimum water activity (aW) of 0.95.The other bacteria for this week is PM. I stupidly forgot to label which was Ecoli and Which was PM, Hence having to redo the process and incubate four petri dishes worth of bacteria, two of which are labeled. I guess well put teachable machine to the test tomorow after incubation. I learned that PM is hard to take pictures of because it spreads pretty easy. PM is often found in hospitals. It was not easy to get a good picture of PM because it had spread.

Ecoli








PM